- RT @sevenly: We just got back from a @fmsc_org mobile meal packing event. What do you think... don't we look great in hairnets? http://t.co… 16 hours ago
- Thanks so much for packing meals with us today @sevenly! #youallrock 18 hours ago
- The meals you packed shipped to ______. Find out where: http://t.co/dqYRioW7XI 21 hours ago
- RT @ArmanSheffey: Always awesome fun @fmsc_org the office and the family coming together was perfect!! http://t.co/ExWweYBAHL 1 day ago
- Hosting a MobilePack event is a great way to bring your community together. Check it out: http://t.co/aE2QEr1aiI 1 day ago
FMSC on Flickr
Update: Illinois Expansion
Back in April, we announced we’d be opening a new Feed My Starving Children site in the Chicago area. We’re excited to give you an update:
We have signed a lease for a property at 742 E. Park Avenue (Hwy 176) in Libertyville, IL for our new packing site! The building is now being remodeled to meet our needs. This new site will double our meal production capacity in Illinois and make room for a total of 300,000 volunteers a year in the state as well. We’re working hard to get all the funnels and hairnets in place for an opening in early November.
Volunteer Sign-up Open
How would you like to be one of the first volunteers at our brand new Libertyville site? Volunteer registration is now open for packing sessions: fmsc.org/volunteer
New Libertyville Jobs
We’ve got some key jobs open at the Libertyville site. If you’re interested, please visit: FMSC Employment Opportunities.
Help with the Launch
There are two ways you can help make the new site opening a huge success.
First, we’re still fundraising. There’s lots of start-up materials to pay for: ingredients, equipment, and the building. The most important part: the quicker we can reach our goal together, the sooner we can feed more kids who are now currently on our waiting list.
Second, please spread the word. When you tell others about us, the FMSC movement grows and we are all able to feed more kids together. Watch and share this video to let others know what we’re up to in Illinois: