- You should host a MobilePack event. Seriously. http://t.co/aE2QEr1aiI 9 hours ago
- Photo of the day: http://t.co/VaHc0GB47k #Haiti @NWHCM 16 hours ago
- RT @TJSeelhammer: 89 boxes, 19,224 meals packed, feeding 53 kids for a year @fmsc_org #CRSS 5th and 6th grade THANK YOU KIDS! 17 hours ago
- RT @TJSeelhammer: At @fmsc_org with Cannon River STEM School middle school, ready to get packing! Stay tuned for results :-) 18 hours ago
- It's no surprise that eating is important, but have you seen it transform someone? This is dramatic: http://t.co/xXun4B6Slr 1 day ago
FMSC on Flickr
Illinois Gala Night Recap
There were more than 650 guests at the 4th Annual Illinois Gala last Friday evening. And God did a remarkable thing through the audience – He got FMSC well past the halfway mark to opening a new site in the Chicagoland area!
This year’s gala proceeds are devoted to the $1.55 million expansion campaign, “Change the World from Chicago.” Our goal for the night was to reach $780,000, building on $520,000 in leadership gifts brought in since December. By the end of the evening, our generous Chicagoland donors had broken the $800,000 mark!
Praise for inspiring speakers, including Hal Donaldson, founder and president of Convoy of Hope, FMSC’s largest distribution partner. He described how, together, FMSC and Convoy of Hope feed 100,000+ children every day in seven countries. But he also described how many receive only two meals a week, and how other children look in from “behind the fence,” because COH has limited food to run its schools. Expanding in Chicago will helps FMSC and Convoy of Hope feed even more of these kids.
Now it’s up to Chicagoland to reach our $1.55 million goal to open Schaumburg full time and launch a new site in the northern suburbs. Don’t forget to check out the Change the World from Chicago toolkit for lots of videos and to learn how you can be part of expanding in Chicago.
To see more pictures of our 2012 Illinois Gala, visit FMSC’s Flickr page.