- You should host a MobilePack event. Seriously. http://t.co/aE2QEr1aiI 2 hours ago
- Photo of the day: http://t.co/VaHc0GB47k #Haiti @NWHCM 9 hours ago
- RT @TJSeelhammer: 89 boxes, 19,224 meals packed, feeding 53 kids for a year @fmsc_org #CRSS 5th and 6th grade THANK YOU KIDS! 9 hours ago
- RT @TJSeelhammer: At @fmsc_org with Cannon River STEM School middle school, ready to get packing! Stay tuned for results :-) 10 hours ago
- It's no surprise that eating is important, but have you seen it transform someone? This is dramatic: http://t.co/xXun4B6Slr 1 day ago
FMSC on Flickr
5 Ways to Get Involved On World Food Day
Here are five ways to get involved on World Food Day:
- Download free materials for your event from Church World Service including place mats and discussion guides: 2012 World Food Day Resources
- Purchase an FMSC MarketPlace fundraising kit to use at your dinner. Kits include artisan goods that can be sold to raise money. Find out more here: fmscmarketplace.org
- We’re opening a new packing site in Libertyville, IL (in November) and we need your help! Sign up to pack meals at one of our seven sites in MN, IL, or AZ: fmsc.org/volunteer
- Our meals only cost $0.22 each. Please consider what your donation could do to help more kids: fmsc.org/donate
3. Teach your kids about hunger.
Here are some free resources from FMSC you can download and use to teach your kids about hunger:
Print the materials and have a family discussion about the difference between hunger, malnourishment, and starvation, what life is like for many kids and families around the world, and what you can do to help.
- World Food Programme (@wfp)
- Food & Agriculture Association (@FAOnews)
- and of course, FMSC (@fmsc_org).
Join the conversation. What will it take to end hunger? What are some ways we can #livegenerously?